Highly commercial and entrepreneurial CIMA qualified Finance Director with recent experience in Private Equity backed SME businesses with International operations in Manufacturing together with prior UK and International Corporate experience. Expertise focussing on working with Board and Executive teams to define and deliver value building strategies, leading and mentoring high performing operational finance teams and implementing ERP systems in difficult and challenging environments to ensure world class reporting, reliable internal controls and compliance with IFRS. Skilled Coach.
Sectors: – Manufacturing, Plastics, Mining, Charity, Food, Financial Services
• Proven track record of working with Board and PE/DFI Executive teams to define and deliver strategy in difficult and challenging environments, successfully enhancing profitability (most recently in Manufacturing (Plastics) EBITDA improvement from 10% to 23% within a year)
• Financial and debt restructuring (renegotiation of $12m of bank debt with improved repayment and interest terms and focussed attention to Working capital (Stock holdings reduced by 15% and Debtors improved by 40%
• Led Operational and Sales teams to achieve P&L and turnaround targets whilst maintaining tight controls over working capital and cashflow (Cost reductions, improved work flow and more responsive Customer service led to the business becoming more adaptable in a very competitive environment)
• Finance lead on design and implementation of cost reduction, redundancy and outsource programme (20% saving on total spend )
• Led on improving technical accounting principles to IFRS and worked closely with International Auditors on Statutory Accounts to comply with Financial Reporting Standards
• Developed profitability models that enabled a strategic reappraisal of operational and sales plans to improve profit and enhanced the budgeting process
• Corporate finance experience – $20m raised
• Mentoring and coaching skills to lead and build effective operational finance teams including the successful implementation of ERP software
Get in touch to learn more about how our career experts can help you. Whatever it is you need, we’re here for you.