Content marketing seems to be at the top of every business marketing plan especially during the lockdown restrictions. If you’re recruiting for your company, this should be no exception.
When you’re recruiting for your business, your primary content marketing goal will be to attract the right candidates, get them to apply and conclusively choose to hire one of them.
Using a recruitment agency, such as Benjamin Edwards, will make your content marketing process much easier as a lot of the hard work will be done for you via our social media. Take a look at our LinkedIn page.
Tip 1: Ensure you have visibility on search engines
You’ve probably heard of SEO (search engine optimisation) – the process of getting your site to rank as high as possible on the various search engine results. SEO is one of many ways you can improve your online presence. You also have the option to utilise social media. SEO and Social Media can go hand in hand. You’ll probably notice that when you search for a company online, aside from their website, it is probable their Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media pages will also rank on the first page of Google.
Tip 2: Recycle content
You can help to reinforce your recruitment drive by reusing your content – especially on social media. It’s absolutely acceptable to repost an old blog that you’ve already shared a couple of months back or reuse that brilliant video you posted last summer. Sharing your most popular content more than once, can be hugely beneficial. You can use tools like Buffer or Facebooks built-in insights tool to see which of your posts have performed best in terms of engagement and reach.
Tip 3: Good quality blog content
Blog content is a critical part of any content marketing campaign, but did you know that it also influences your SEO (and gives you great content for your social media platforms). You can also use your blog to provide insights into what it’s like to work at your company and showcase the people that work there.
Good quality blog content has many benefits including;
- Helps hugely with SEO
- Allows your site to rank on search engines for a broader range of search terms
- Gives you something to post on social media and with strong internal links
- You can link your posts into one another to provide all the information your clients and candidates need in one place.
Tip 4: Use videos, images, infographics to bring your content alive
It’s a well-known fact that visual content performs better on social media than any other content form with video being the most popular. This provides the perfect opportunity to show the world what it’s like work for your business and attract potential candidates for your new vacancy. Your social content should take this into account, and the 80/20 rule should be your golden ticket to success.
If you need help with your recruitment process, contact us today.
- We are great listeners and offer an honest, refreshing and ethical approach to recruitment
- Solid local knowledge of both candidates and companies in Lincolnshire & surrounding areas
- We combine old school recruitment with new-age technology
- Full end to end recruitment process
- Free local market analysis & advice
- Free remuneration package advice
- Search & Selection
- Retained services for senior appointments
- Outplacement support if making redundancies
- CV advice
- Careers guidance
- Proactive candidate promotion
If you want to know more or have a difficult recruitment issue please do get in touch!
Difficult to talk at work? Then contact us outside of office hours on: 07585035316