Undertaking the (internal) year-end audits of subsidiary companies prior to external audit:
- Identifying, preparing, and ensuring the processing of correcting accounting entries.
- Preparing accounting reconciliations and financial statement disclosures as required.
- Reconciling inter-company balances with the parent and advising on correcting journals.
- Participating in meetings to resolve issues arising from the work undertaken.
- Undertaking standard audit procedures in respect of key balance sheet items.
- Preparing financial statement figures and detailed audit files with schedules supporting them.
- Liaising with auditors. Dealing with queries to enable the successful conclusion of their audits.
Undertaking various internal audit projects in respect of the main company including preparing a report and recommendations in respect of the procedures of a trading division.