Business improvement projects and change management:
- Specified, selected and introduced a new £1.5 m global Microsoft AX ERP system achieving project goals.
- As right-hand man to company CEO turned around performance of the business, Year 1 25% profit improvement. Implemented a review of organisational costs, resulting in a business restructuring saving £2 m pa and the creation of manufacturing centres of excellence.
- As Business Champion for cultural change programmes focused on delivering 100% growth in 5 years, initiated cost reduction activities resulting in significant efficiencies from factory relocation, facility outsourcing and cellular manufacturing.
- Partnered European CFO in preparing a £15 m division for sale, achieving timely project closure.
- Attained ISO 14001 and prepared OHSAS 18001 HSE certification and won prestigious award for first-class safety performance.
- Prepared business for General Data Protection Regulations (GDRP).
- Navigated several half-year and year-end exercises to successful financial conclusions, creating advanced focus on balance sheet and cash management during challenging economic trading conditions.
Financial analysis and interrogation:
- Designed and implemented scorecards, financial valuation models and simulation tools, thus ensuring the effective screening of potential new acquisitions and capital investments of up to £50 m necessary to deliver business growth from new products, markets, customers and operational improvement.
- Led Financial and IT due diligence on several potential acquisitions to satisfactory, timely conclusions.
- Implemented and presented monthly business review decks to Division/Corporate executives including balanced scorecards, key metrics and drivers, variance/trend/risk and opportunity analyses and forecasts.
Management and financial accounting:
- Led multiple annual 3-year financial planning, budget, statutory reporting and monthly forecasting/reporting exercises, streamlining processes and delivering cycle time reductions of around 40%. Achieved Number 1 status within Group for timeliness and quality of financial reporting on numerous occasions.
- Implemented controls environment improvement programmes, resulting in very regular green-light statuses to rigorous internal and external audit standards.
Cross-cultural international experience:
- Senior liaison with Corporate on multi-site, multi-currency financials and the management of pensions, insurance, dividends, taxation, treasury and foreign exchange issues.
- Successfully integrated a newly acquired business into the Group.
- International accounting and Group consolidation role following merger