Senior Financial Controller – South Nottingham/Newark/Grantham and surrounds
A confident and professional CIMA qualified Accountant, with considerable experience within the Finance function. They have obtained excellent organisation skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment. They are confident and quick learning and desire to succeed. With a positive and proactive attitude to all challenges. They are looking for an appropriate role where they can use their skills to the advantage of a business whilst also continuing their own development.
KEY SKILLS:- Time & project management. Motivational Leadership. Process Optimisation Technical skills – advanced Excel modelling. Extensive use of several finance systems. Preparation of statutory accounts & statutory returns
INDUSTRIES:– Food, FMCG, Service
• Re-design of monthly accounts pack for the board, to include financial and commercial information, aiding with more efficient decision making
• Upgrades & utilisation of sage accounting system
• Implementation of business processes to improve controls and reconciliations – for example, stringent stock processes to ensure stock batches and movements are reliably recorded whilst also allowing for effective stock rotation
• Developing a team both professionally and personally
•Successful and seamless audit every year
•Day to day management of the Finance function, including responsibility of P&L, Balance sheet, Cashflow and Payroll.
• Mentoring and managing the personal development of Finance staff.
• Produce monthly management accounts pack, including data relevant to key business KPI’s0
• Full company budget and reforecasting, with providing support to the heads of departments in understanding and controlling their budgeted spend.
• Key member of Senior Management Team: attending regular meetings with other department heads and ensuring finance has a ‘voice’ where P&L impacts meet department initiatives.
Get in touch to learn more about how our career experts can help you. Whatever it is you need, we’re here for you.