PAYROLL OFFICER - Lincoln - up to £23K + benefits
Benjamin Edwards are looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Officer to join a friendly business in Lincoln. The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working within a payroll department or bureau managing multiple payrolls. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for their next career move in payroll. The business offers extensive benefits and development opportunities.
To process a confidential payroll, including benefit and expense information, within HMRC framework, ensuring that the legislation is upheld. Give help and advice when required. Advise in line with HMRC guidelines.
Accurate data entry in to Payroll database of sensitive and confidential information in a timely manner and process payroll efficiently.
2. Advise on monthly/quarterly PAYE payments within a suitable time frames to ensure payment is made prior to deadline.
3. General database maintenance.
4. Respond to queries from HMRC in a timely and efficient manner.
5. Dealing with telephone enquiries in relation to payroll, benefit and expenses.
6. Attend payroll forum meetings.
7. Updating movers and leavers on the systems.
8. Providing year end information.
9. Complete any forms from external agency’, for example, Child Support Agency, Local County Councils, National Statistics Department etc.
10. Advise clients of any major payroll legislation change for example National Minimum Wage
THE PERSON - THE PAYROLL OFFICER
Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Keen to work as part of a team
Ability to prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
Sound working knowledge of HMRC requirements regarding Tax, NI, Statutory deductions and payments is essential.
Proven track record of monthly payroll processing