Management Accountant – Newark/Sleaford – £30k - 40k + study
An exciting opportunity to work for a growing and thriving business. The Management Accountant will be responsible for working with the management team to help them make upper level management decisions. Helping management use financial information to inform business strategy. Relaying information from Finance department to management team.
Main Duties of the role:
• Record financial transactions for project or department
• Reconcile spending with budget as part of job costing
• Analyse financial performance and forecast longer term horizons
• Recommend methods and strategies for cutting cost
• Advise company and/or department management on financial decisions
• Make upper-level strategy recommendations based on financials
• Provide costings for Commercial Team
· Challenge Operational teams on cost and spend
Strategic Input and Business Improvement
• Identify and recommend new ways of working which benefit the business
• Demonstrate an active engagement with constantly looking for ways to improve the process to drive commercial benefit
• Minimise downtime through efficient and effective planning
• Ensure all sign off procedures are followed
• Accurate inputs into the ERP system are closed off in the relevant time scale
• Other duties required to meet the prevailing needs of the business
• Ability to plan and fully understand workload on a short, medium- and longer-term basis, pro-actively managing critical path in order to not let customers down.
• Understand the operational model and constraints to ensure effective delivery of product, particularly during peak periods of activity.
• Pre-empt issues through effective communication.
• Plan for periods of increase volume and exceptional projects.
• Ensure that the “housekeeping” is up to date.
Relationship Management (Internal and External)
• Establish key working relationships with colleagues
· Working with the operational team both Management and
Demonstrate Technical Knowledge
• Understand the basics of the production environment at the company.
• Understand SOPs and suggest improvements where applicable
• To provide the Production management team with shift reports on a daily basis.
• Report all H&S issues in keeping with company procedure.
THE IDEAL PERSON
• Excellent communicator (written and verbal) at all times
• Organised and calm under pressure
• Friendly, approachable and flexible – a team player
• Proactive, positive, enthusiastic - demonstrates “can do” attitude
• Commercially aware
• Organisation skills
• Problem-solving skills
• Critical and analytical thinking
Qualifications and Experience
• ACCA/CIMA part-qualified accountant
• AAT qualified, undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant field
· Excel to an intermediate/advanced level
• 1-2 years’ management accounts experience within a Manufacturing environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent