MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT - LINCOLN - £45K + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
– 6 month contract
The Management Accountant will have full responsibility for the day-to-day management accounts of the business. Assist with the implementation of a new system. Maintenance and continual improvement of business processes and financial controls. Working with a great team within a busy international business.
Preparation of the daily and monthly management accounts, reporting directly to the Finance Manager
Develop and analyses key financial information to ensure that management makes well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and profitability.
Ensuring systems are updated in preparation for month-end processes
Preparation and analysis of trade & other accruals & prepayments
Stock analysis & reconciliation
Debtors analysis & review, including managing bad debt provisions.
Submission of weekly cash balances to Head Office
Monitor petty cash balances and post journal entries
Capital expenditure spend management & reporting
Analysis & distribution of monthly intercompany recharges
Analysis & reporting of sales price movements and impacts
Analysis of gross margin result and overhead costs
Monthly trial balance analysis
Preparation of weekly forecasts
Managing Sales and Purchase ledgers
Preparation & distribution of monthly reports to management/Group level
Quarterly foreign currency forecast
Adhere to all internal and external audit requirements.
Carry out ad-hoc tasks assigned by the Finance Manager/Financial Controller
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
* Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA/ACA). At least five years' experience working within an accounts department, with at least two years' in a similar role.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Experience in a similar role essential.
* Production of management accounts for presentation at board level.
* Strong communicator.
* High level of accuracy.
* Ability to lead and develop a small team.
* Ability to work independently with a take control attitude.
* Experience in developing and improving processes and controls.
* Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.