Develop, manage and control a portfolio of National Accounts within the UK, to achieve or exceed agreed sales and profit targets in line with company objectives, and to both range sell to existing customers, and develop new customers.
Work closely with the Management Team to develop and maintain The Company as the market-leading brand in its product sectors.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions, activity, and other sales methods to optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio and accounts according to an agreed market development strategy
- Plan and prioritise personal sales activities, journey plan, and customer/prospect contact effectively, and report on actual activity as required
- Work closely with the Company’s senior sales team and coordinate sales and promotional activities.
- Manage product/service mix, negotiating within agreed margins and according to agreed aims.
- Conduct regular reviews of business performance and strategies
- Utilise available tools and internal knowledge to maximise customer and prospect contact and business development opportunities
- Assist in the preparation of business plans to develop each account to its maximum potential and conduct regular reviews
- Provide accurate forecasts for designated accounts and assist in the budgeting process as required
- Maintain accurate records and relevant information relating to customers and prospect’s activities within company internal filing and data systems
- Ensure excellent product knowledge and the ability to describe benefits to customers and prospects
- Support sales and marketing activities as required and integrate personal sales efforts with other organised activities such as product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions etc.
- Maintain a good awareness of market and competitor activities and report as necessary.
- Build strong internal and external relationships, requesting and also providing assistance as required
- Produce presentations and information portfolios in line with the requirements of our customers and prospects, particularly in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Attend and present competently at external customer meetings and internal meetings with key team members of other departments