The interim Head of Finance will have three main responsibilities:
1) Managing the existing Finance Team and ensuring accurate financial records are maintained. This will include responsibility for: Purchase ledger Invoicing (for the subsidiaries) Credit control and Payroll and pensions, Banking Petty cash and VAT
2)Reviewing existing systems and processes and actively designing and implementing improvements. In particular:
a. The organisation currently outsources payroll. This is proving an unsatisfactory solution and the organisations is either looking to bring this back in-house or to change existing processes to improve the efficiency of the monthly payroll cycle.
b. The organisation implemented a new accounting package earlier in the year. There are still teething problems associated with this implementation which this person will be responsible for addressing.
c. It is essential that the finance team are also trained and developed to use the new system appropriately.
3) Get the organisations audit ready for December.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
• Experience of managing a finance department (including training and development)
• Experience of reviewing and improving financial processes and controls
• Experience of implementing new finance systems
• Willingness to be hands-on in the day-to-day running of the finance department
• Understanding of payroll and ability to support the implementation of a new payroll solution
Key words: – Head of Finance, Financial Controller, Finance roles in Stamford, Finance roles in Lincolnshire
Get in touch to learn more about how our career experts can help you. Whatever it is you need, we’re here for you.