Systems support, maintenance and development for all systems controlled by the Finance department.
Owning the accounting for designated cost centres, nominal codes or balance sheet codes including:-
- Reviewing spend and invoices
- Working with Operational Owners / Managers to understand, challenge and correctly account for business performance
- Completing financials for weekly Flash and month end
- Preparing and posting journals
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Prepare detailed explanation of performance compared to budget / forecast. Identify Risks and Opportunities to forecast.
- Identifying profit improvement opportunities
- Presenting and explaining financial performance for their areas to the Senior Managers as required
- Proactively identifying and delivering best practice processes improvements (efficiency, control or reporting)
- Advising operational managers on the correct accounting treatment of transactions
- Assisting and supplying information to auditors for annual audit