Benjamin Edwards have recently interviewed a MCIPD qualified HR Manager. They are a confident communicator with a proven track record of HR Management. Industry experience in food retail, contact centre & distribution and more recently in industrial manufacturing. As head of the HR function within the company their work experience has provided them with a strong commercial and operational knowledge of HR. They are now ready to take on a new challenge either as part of a larger organisation or within a regional role.
KEY SKILLS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Employee relations – strong experience. Within 22 years of handling disciplinary, capability and redundancies only 1 resulted in a tribunal court appearance with a successful outcome for the company.
Introduced policies and procedures from scratch – developed and implemented policies, produced an Employee Handbook and trained the management team.
• Employment Law – strong knowledge. Responsible for keeping the business informed of all new legislation and ensuring policies remain compliant.
• Benefit & Reward – Good experience. Introduced a job evaluation scheme and developed a pay structure following a benchmarking project. Conducted benefits review and implemented changes in policy including employee buy in. Aligned sick pay and holiday schemes, developed company wide bonus and management incentive schemes. Resulting in improved employee engagement and skills retention.
Recruitment – Good experience. Recruited from semi-skilled to director level. Organised job fairs and assessment centres to recruit on average 250 – 300 temporary employees for peak workloads.
• Employee retention –Maintained labour turnover levels around 3% for the last 12 years.
• Absence management – strong experience. Reduced sickness absence levels from 4% to 2% within my first year and maintained it around 1.5%
• Training & Development – experience of developing and conducting training within retail sectors, more recently training all management in Employee Relations, Equality and Engagement. Worked with the managers to implement training programmes, developing skills to bring efficiencies of multi-skilling.
Get in touch to learn more about how our career experts can help you. Whatever it is you need, we’re here for you.